Have you personally experienced any overwhelming feelings that you cannot seem to shake off? Do those feelings recur frequently? In those moments, have you considered visiting a private psychotherapist in Singapore? Psychotherapy has many benefits for your mental well-being as well as emotional growth. In this article, we will be discussing what exactly is psychotherapy and some aspect that you expect from it.
What is psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy, also known as talk therapy, is an outlet or way for people to talk about a variety of different topics and to help cope with a variety of mental illnesses or emotional difficulties that they might face in their day-to-day life. Going for therapy sessions can help an individual cope with their daily life and struggles that they face during their day-to-day and increase their personal well-being. They can also help the individual to function better in their life and understand their feelings and come to terms with their feelings as well.
What are the benefits of psychotherapy?
Engaging the help of a psychotherapist or going to private therapy in Singapore has numerous benefits and it can help one’s state of mind and their overall mental, emotional and physical well-being.
Some of the benefits include:
- Aided in the difficult process of coping with daily life
- Help understand the impact of past trauma
- Coping with mental illnesses or loss
- Understand and diagnose specific mental disorders in the patient
Although psychotherapy may seem like a scary and intimidating topic to tackle, there are various types of psychotherapy that work and aid in helping the patient understand their struggles or issues. Therapy can also be accompanied by different medications, depending on the patient’s needs.
What can I expect from receiving therapy?
Before attending your first session of private counselling in Singapore, there are some things that you should expect when you arrive for your first session. Receiving help may be intimidating at first, but with this guide on what to expect, your solo counselling session will not be as frightening as you think.
- Assessment phase – This phase is to help your therapist understand what you are currently going through and get to know you better as an individual. Your therapist will conduct a psychological assessment, much similar to medical diagnostic tests. Your therapist will get to understand your family background, your upbringing, childhood experiences, interpersonal relationships, coping strategies and many more.
- Formulation phase – This phase is to help the client understand where the cause of their difficulties may have come from. This phase also helps the therapist co-construct a hypothesis about the sense they have made from the client’s situation.
- Interventions phase – Your therapist will conduct extensive research to determine which therapy method will best work for their client based on their individual needs. This intervention is to let your therapist discuss with you what are the options available for you to seek help and work towards your goal and desired outcome.
Receiving help and talking to a psychotherapist may be daunting for some, but it is a rewarding experience. No one’s psychotherapeutic journeys are the same. They are all different and clients should always be supported every step of the way.
If you do not have a therapist, A Space Between can aid you in finding the best mental help professional for you. With therapists that specialise in different issues such as panic disorders, depression, anxiety, LGBTQIA+ and many more, we offer private and convenient therapy rooms for our clients. For more information on our services, head to https://www.aspacebetween.com.sg/ to find out more.
No matter what you’re facing, perhaps our website can offer up some solace or comfort. Know that you’re not alone, and that there is help available. This can be hard to keep in mind if you haven’t quite found the right support system. While it’s definitely not easy to find the right fit—whether you’re looking for a support group or a mental health provider—with diligence, it’s totally possible.
If you are a therapist, life coach or counsellor looking to join our growing community, head over to book a tour once you have learnt about the plans we offer. At A Space Between, there is a ready league of providers you can network with. With professionals from various backgrounds and therapy practices, there are bound to be the ones you can connect with. Private practice does not have to be lonely.